Things you'll never hear our presidential candidates say:
* Our financial crisis is much more serious than we're being told.
* The invasion of Iraq was illegal.
* Terrorism is not nearly as serious of a threat as we're told.
* President Bush violated the law when he authorized the NSA to eavesdrop on American citizens without a search warrant.
* The Bush doctrine of preventive war violates international law.
I see the Spokesman-Review editorial board has thrown their recently decreased weight behind Senator McCain. With all the emphasis on the individual candidates, I think we tend to forget that the parties also have an agenda in the form of their respective platforms. Check out the platforms of the Republican and Democratic parties. Remember, the party in control of Congress drives the agenda. Well, at least they used to before they neutered themselves over the last eight years.
Pedal For the Path
2 days ago