Marci Hamilton has some religion related advice for the Obama administration that I find interesting.
1. End Religious Discrimination in Programs That Receive Government Funding.
2. Choose An Attorney General, Solicitor General and, If Necessary, Supreme Court Justices Who Demonstrate A Healthy Respect for the Establishment Clause and the Separation of Church and State.
3. Support State Measures to Prevent and Prosecute Child Sex Abuse, Even When It Occurs Within Religious Communities.
4. Offer Federal Resources to Investigate the Abuses - Including Child Abuse - that Typically Arise from Polygamy.
5. As Part of the Government's Aid to Homeowners, Revoke Laws that Unfairly Privilege Religious Groups in Local Zoning Conflicts.
I would add another. Remove the tax exemption from all religious entities. Then they could play in the political field all they want and they could support our government just like everyone else. Yeah, I know, it's a lot more complicated than that.
As always, easier said than done.
Vietnam. Part 1 Saigon
16 hours ago
Post a Comment