I received this email from Barb Chamberlain:
You are invited to a Bike Advocacy Workshop presented by the City of Spokane Bicycle Advisory Board and Cascade Bicycle Club.
* Connect with fellow cyclists
* Learn about local bike projects, what it took to put them together, and the five elements of a complete bike plan (hint: it’s not just a map!)
* Get an understanding of the policy process and how we can be more effective as advocates for cycling interests
* Hear how Cascade Bicycle Club has become a force in the public policy arena
* Help us start to build the Spokane region’s bike agenda
Date: Saturday, Oct. 24, 2009
Time: 9am-noon, with optional bike ride after (weather permitting) to look at opportunities and issues
Location: East Central Community Center, 500 S. Stone, Senior Room
Light refreshments will be served. RSVP so we have enough coffee etc.: email@example.com
Forward this invitation to others who will be interested. Seating limited—reserve your spot now!
Presented by Cascade Bicycle Club and the City of Spokane Bicycle Advisory Board. Refreshments courtesy of Bike to Work Spokane and the SpokeFest Association.
Why does the weather have to permit the ride. ;-)
See ya there, okay?